Coconut Cream Kefir Smoothie for
I like this recipe for athletes because it is high in
potassium from both the kefir water and banana plus bananas are high in both iron and
tryptophan. I also included the superfood pomegranate powder for several
reasons. Like banana and coconut it is a tropical fruit plus pomegranates have these amazing
1. Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
2. Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
– they have been shown to inhibit breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, leukemia and
to prevent vascular changes that promote tumor growth.
3. Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could
cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease
4. Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk
5. Lowers blood pressure
6. Shown to promote reversal of atherosclerotic plaque
in human studies.
7. May have benefits to relieve or protect against
depression and osteoporosis
I am also using vanilla powder in this recipe and like
the other fruits it is from a tropical climate and more importantly does not contain alcohol which
would contribute to problems of gut dysbiosis, candida or sensitivity to alcohol. The fact
that it is 100% pure gets a big tick from me.
1 cup of coconut kefir cream
1 heaped teaspoon of raw, freeze dried organic, 100%
pure Navitas pomegranate powder
1/2 teaspoon of 100% pure sun-cured vanilla
1/2 teaspoon air dried kelp powder (great for thyroid
health) or small pinch of hand harvested Celtic Salt for the minerals.
Blend all of these ingredients together, pour into
glass and enjoy. It doesn’t get much easier now does it! Well, actually it does
if you read the recipe Pineapple Coconut Cream Kefir Smoothie.