Your sauerkraut stomper is crafted from
the finest New Zealand pine by local
Your stomper has been coated with extra virgin
FLORA & FAUNA FOR YOUR BELLY
Sauerkraut is teeming with beneficial
lactobacillus bacteria which increase
healthy flora in the intestinal tract.
This aids digestion and helps your immune
system fight nasty infections.
1kg red or green cabbage
3 bay leaves
4–6 black peppercorns
1 tbsp celtic sea salt
1. Wash the cabbage and remove the outer
leaves. Keep one outer leaf aside.
2. Chop the cabbage finely and weigh it.
3. Toss the cabbage and sea salt together
in a large mixing bowl (1kg cabbage = 1tbsp
salt) and begin to squeeze the cabbage
and salt together with your hands, kneading
thoroughly for 5–10 minutes until the
cabbage begins to sweat and form a brine.
4. Add the bay leaves and black peppercorns.
5. Pack the cabbage mixture into a sterilised
jar as tightly as possible with the help of your
Forage Sauerkraut Stomper. Try to eliminate
as many air bubbles as possible.
6. Continue packing the mixture into the jar
until the cabbage is completely submerged
in the brine.
7. Place the folded outer leaf of the cabbage
on top of the mixture in the jar to act as a
seal. You can put a small weight on top of
the leaf to ensure the mixture stays
submerged in the brine.
8. Seal the lid of the jar tightly and keep it
in a dark place at room temperature for at
least two weeks.
9. Refrigerate and enjoy. Your sauerkraut
will keep for 6–12 months in the fridge.