- ¼ cup of organic raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of organic raw cashews
- 1 cup of almond mylk
- 1/8 cup of tamari or raw coconut aminos
- ½ tspn Celtic, Hawaiian or Portuguese salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
Method Part 1 – Blender
Tip these first 7 ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Food Processor Ingredients
- ½ cup of organic raw walnuts
- 1 cup of fresh chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 small teaspoon of dried Thyme
- 1 small teaspoon of dried Marjoram
Method Part 2 – Processor
Place the walnuts into processor and process until finely chopped. Add chopped parsley and basil, thyme and marjoram and process further. Pour in the creamy sauce from the blender and process all of the ingredients together.
Putting it all together.
Into a bowl add 2 packets of raw kelp noodles (rinsed, drained and dried between paper towels) and pour the Italian Basil Sauce over the noodles. Using utensils, mix sauce and noodles together until well mixed. Serve with salad or as a meal on its own.
Hint: If the sauce seems a bit runny or watery, just grind up 1 - 2 tablespoons of chia seeds into a fine powder and sprinkle into the mix. Stir it all up well so that the chia is completely mixed in and let stand for 1/2hr. The chia absorbs the extra moisture, thickens the sauce and adds its own outstanding nutritional component without altering the flavour.